Friday, May 1, 2009

Grainy Small Town Delight

Walking back from a meeting with a potential client I made my way around the roundabout in downtown Glens Falls. Despite being overcast it's actually quite lovely outside. Out of nowhere came the sound of bagpipes. Bagpipes and screaming. A few steps down the street the what became clear, I never did figure out the why.





I was still smiling as our city's mayor held the door to the coffee shop for me. It's little things* like random parades of high schoolers and bag pipes that make living and working in Glens Falls pretty wonderful.


*Let's be honest, clean windows and snowflakes make me happy. What can I say, when you work with us you'll discover yourself smiling. A lot.




.

1 comment:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Funny, I was just thinking about the small town I grew up in today when I dropped my daughter off at Montessori. Small towns don't change much. Which, at times, is the best advantage of all.